SPACE Game StudioSPACE wants to become the first aerospace-focused video game studio #MadeInToulouse in partnership with the local aerospace companies, institutions and associations. Our goal is to create user-friendly and innovative video game experiences, bringing art and science together. Our first project in progress is MOTHERSHIP , a peaceful exploration game mixing adventure and real astronomy. In parallel, we are developing the STARMAP , an educational version of the game’s space systems for museums and educational institutions.
This project leader is Carlos, an aeronautical engineer and independent game designer. He was born in the mediterranean city of Valencia, in Spain. He got his degree in the Polytechnic University of Madrid where he participated in the UPM/Sat-2 microsatellite project (successfully launched in 2020). Afterwards he moved to Toulouse where he has been working in Design Office for several Airbus projects and in collaboration with its flight test pilots. He began his project of creating a video game studio on the spring of 2018 in a self-learning way. The three main activities so far have been prototyping with Unreal Engine 4, gathering a team and involving the local aerospace entities and science communicators.
MOTHERSHIPMothership will be our first videogame. It is a 3D sci-fi adventure game with a dreamy atmosphere. You will incarnate a space explorer who will travel across the real star systems of our own galaxy looking for other space refugees like her, to live in peace. During your search you will track the Black-Boxes’ signals of huge crashed spaceships (the Motherships) in order to recover its fuel and be able to continue searching deeper into space. This game is about pathfinding in handcrafted awe-inspiring worlds overcoming some hidden environmental dangers and rush moments.
- Pathfinding - Find your own way to the Motherships' Black-Boxes in exotic open worlds
- Scout gear - Use your scout gear to access new ways : cut any object with your nano-machete, rappel with your rope from anywhere ...
- Environment dangers - Spot and overcome the hidden environmental traps
- Motherships’ wrecks - Explore the spooky Motherships’ wrecks to recover its fuel
- Rush return - Return to your ship while escaping from catastrophic events
- Feel at home - Take a break and chill out in your ship’s dreamy atmosphere
- Playground - Enjoy listening aerial music, playing mini-games or just going outside for a spacewalk on the void
- The Cupola - Contemplate the surface of the planets from high orbit in your ship’s observatory
- Entering Zero-G - Feel the zero gravity like never before : drift like a real astronaut or fly like a rocket-man
- Exoplanets - Experience different gravities and light/night cycles on each exoplanet
- Orbital search - Control your ship orbit trajectory in real time to perform atmospheric re-entry and orbital rendez-vous manoeuvres
- Star path - Travel to the most famous stars of the sky : Alpha Centauri, Sirius, Vega ...
- Augmented reality - Perceive the planets’ movement thanks to your augmented-reality vision
- Theory of relativity - A life-span adventure due to Einstein’s time dilation when travelling close to the speed of light
Mothership concept trailer Youtube
Mothership prototype GIFs
Mothership prototype screenshots
STARMAPThe StarMap is an improved version of the space systems that you will use in the Mothership game. This educational software is the most user-friendly system ever created to visualize the size of the universe and to understand the rotations of the planets and satellites. Hence, it is the perfect support for museums, educational institutions and invested parents.
- Universe - Zoom in and out from the solar system to the edge of the observable universe
- Solar System - Visit every planet and moon and feel the different movement of the sky from each one of them
- Low Earth Orbit - Get into orbit and pilot the International Space Station
StarMap concept trailer Youtube
StarMap prototype screenshots
They talk about us
L'année dernière le Docteur Krajewski interviewait plusieurs d'entre nous dans le cadre d'une étude sur l'art et le jeu vidéo.— Léonard Bertos 🛹Animasia (@LeonTroglodyte) September 9, 2021
Aujourd'hui le recueil est dispo et c'est @SpaceGameStudio qui est en couverture. 😄 pic.twitter.com/ibOcTin4pu
Par ordre chronologique :
- Maylis ADER - Personall support
- David CROSS - Game Design and narration
- Alexandre DENIS-PASQUIER & Florian BELLAZUZ - Game Design, project management
- Paul ANDREWS - Translations, Scientific consultant, Kickstarter
- Francois XXXXXX - Musique
- Cedric BELMANT - Scientific consultanci
- Leo RONNET - graphic design
- Severin LAROSE & Adrien XXXXXXX - Game Design, project management
- becarios - 3D models
- Yannick ARANNA - Public relations
- Romain XXXXX - Musique et bruitage
- Marc PEJAC - 3D models
- Meithien LASERRE & Cedric ROMANA - 3D Models et graphic design
Download specific topics :